The VIVEVE treatment is a non-surgical procedure for women who have vaginal introital laxity and who are experiencing an associated decrease in physical sensation and sexual satisfaction during intercourse and strengthens the urethra providing relief from minor symptoms of incontinence.
- Have you ever laughed, coughed, sneezed or exercised and released small amounts of urine?
- Does intercourse not “feel” the way it did a few years ago?
- Do you have pain during intercourse due to lack of lubrication?
- Do you feel diminished sensation during intimacy?
- Do you feel a lack of tightness or laxity?
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, You Are NOT Alone! They can be a result of aging, vaginal childbirth or other natural causes. Thanks to Viveve, there’s now a single-session, in-office safe solution that is comfortable and effective with no downtime.
If you are experiencing the following, you may want to talk to a healthcare professional about Viveve:
- Do you experience urine leakage when jumping coughing sneezing or laughing?
- Do you have decreased sensation during intimacy?
- Is intercourse painful due to lack of lubrication?
- Is your vaginal area not as firm or snug as it once was?
- Do tampons feel like they are slipping out?
- Does your vagina feel loose during intimacy?
- Have you noticed a decrease in physical sensation during intimacy?
- Is the time with your partner not as snug as in the past?
- Do you sometimes feel air flowing from your vagina?
Just like skin, vaginal tissue is made up of collagen fibers. Over time or with trauma the collagen can lose its strength and shape, creating a feeling of looseness (laxity), especially around the vaginal opening. Common causes of vaginal laxity include childbirth, other physical stress on the tissue, aging, genetic pre-disposition and lifestyle.
If you experience vaginal laxity, you may also notice a decreased feeling of sensation and satisfaction during intercourse.
Vaginal laxity is an extremely common medical condition. A Viveve-sponsored survey of U.S. OB/GYN physicians revealed that vaginal laxity is the number one physical change that they see or their patients report following vaginal delivery; more common than weight gain, incontinence, or stretch marks. In a survey of more than four hundred women in the U.S. who had vaginal deliveries, nearly half reported some level of concern with vaginal laxity.
There are multiple ways women can address vaginal laxity:
- Kegel exercises may be the most commonly known and prescribed treatment because they can strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. However, while Kegels may improve muscle tone, they do not address the loss of elasticity in the soft tissue that rests upon the muscle and contributes to vaginal laxity.
- Surgical options may be effective but also may entail signi cant health risks, recovery time, post-procedure pain and out-of-pocket costs.
- Geneveve works at the cellular level to rebuild and restore collagen, without harming the vaginal opening. Currently, Geneveve is speciffically designed for vaginal laxity and sexual function and has been shown to be safe and effective in a large, randomized, blinded and placebo-controlled clinical trial.
Viveve is a comfortable, 30-minute treatment that does not require local or topical anesthesia or analgesics. Viveve is performed by a trained healthcare professional in an outpatient setting.
Viveve uses gentle, deep heating and surface cooling to stimulate the body’s natural collagen formation process, which revitalizes and tightens tissue just inside the vaginal opening. Because the surface of the vaginal walls is not injured, patients typically return to normal activities immediately.
Women note improvement in:
- Physical sensation/arousal, lubrication and orgasm
- Typically, women begin to feel the results at about 30 days and the full effect at about 90 days
- The natural collagen rebuilding process begins immediately and continues gradually over 30-90 days
- Studies show that improved pelvic health can reduce urinary incontinence
Viveve has conducted multiple clinical studies on the Viveve treatment. Two clinical studies showed statistically signifcant improvement in vaginal tightening, to pre-childbirth levels, at 1, 3, 6, and 12 months following a single, comfortable office-based treatment. At 12 months, improved and sustained tightening was shown in 90% of the women. Signifcant improvement in sexual satisfaction was also indicated through 12-month follow-up.
A third large, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study showed that women who received the Viveve treatment were 3 times more likely to report achieving “no vaginal laxity” at 6 months than women who did not receive the treatment, with no additional safety risks.
- Yes! The VIVEVE 1 which was published in the Journal for Women’s Health showed a significant improvement in arousal, lubrication and sexual sensation versus the placebo treatment in the United States.
- 83% of women treated experienced an improvement in 1-hour pad weight with an overall mean improvement of 73% at 6 months. 12-month data pending.
- FDA-cleared for treating both causes of stress and urge urinary incontinence: weak pelvic floor muscles and an overactive detrusor muscle.
- Treat the underlying cause of bladder leakage and urinary incontinence
- Minimally invasive, safe to use and effective.
- 90% effective in treating daily incontinence
- Non-invasive electrical stimulation and voice-guided biofeedback
- InTone treats the underlying causes of incontinence, which are weak pelvic floor muscles and an overactive detrusor muscle, by helping stimulate muscles.
- Apex®M is the ONLY non-prescription device to solve all common types of urinary incontinence, OAB (Over-Active Bladder) and bladder leakage.
- Intensity® is the only non-medical, all-in-one device to enhance sexual sensation.
FDA-cleared for treating both causes of stress and urge urinary incontinence: weak pelvic floor muscles and an overactive detrusor muscle.
Treat the underlying cause of bladder leakage and urinary incontinence
Minimally invasive, safe to use and effective.
90% effective in treating daily incontinence
Non-invasive electrical stimulation and voice-guided biofeedback
InTone treats the underlying causes of incontinence, which are weak pelvic floor muscles and an overactive detrusor muscle, by helping stimulate muscles.
Apex®M is the ONLY non-prescription device to solve all common types of urinary incontinence, OAB (Over-Active Bladder) and bladder leakage.
Intensity® is the only non-medical, all-in-one device to enhance sexual sensation.
Dr. McAlpine will determine if Viveve is right for you based on your medical history. However, you should NOT consider Viveve if you have an implantable pacemaker or an Automatic Implantable Cardioverter/De brillator (AICD) or any other implantable metal device.
The Viveve treatment is performed by a trained healthcare practitioner in a medical office or outpatient clinic.